is somebody working on a xorg 7.1 port to FreeBSD ?

Andreas Klemm andreas at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 21 21:25:07 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 09:57:24PM +0100, Florent Thoumie wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 15:53 +0200, Joel Dahl wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 08:51 +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > interested to know, if there was only a talk or work going
> > > on to bring xorg 7.1 into freebsd ports.
> >
> > Yes, see: http://agrajag.ijs.si/trac/wiki/X11R7.0
>
> Erm, don't pay attention to that page, as it hasn't been updated in
> *ages*. Almost everything is done, it needs some polishing though. You
> can have a look at the repo (xorg-modular-exp) and the timeline for
> recent changes.

Thanks for the informations ! ;-)

Maybe I rebuild my machine/ports this or next weekend.
Lets see how hard the heat hurts ;-)

> There are still some open issues like the prefix merge which has been
> discussed already more than enough. I think we also need to take care of
> the upgrade process. Meta-ports should make it easy, but you don't know
> until you try, and I haven't tried myself yet.

Well, without metaport it could become an interesting thing to install X.

Maybe there is a readme telling whats needed as a base.

If somebody should have a meta port for testing I would like to give
it a try then.

I didn't find instructions yet, how to best use your "beta ports" in
the wiki system. Maybe I overlooked something. Can I remotely checkout
somehow ? Would need a tip. I only know "remote cvs" operation.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 6
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/