is somebody working on a xorg 7.1 port to FreeBSD ?

Florent Thoumie flz at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 21 20:57:43 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 15:53 +0200, Joel Dahl wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 08:51 +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > interested to know, if there was only a talk or work going
> > on to bring xorg 7.1 into freebsd ports.
>
> Yes, see: http://agrajag.ijs.si/trac/wiki/X11R7.0

Erm, don't pay attention to that page, as it hasn't been updated in
*ages*. Almost everything is done, it needs some polishing though. You
can have a look at the repo (xorg-modular-exp) and the timeline for
recent changes.

There are still some open issues like the prefix merge which has been
discussed already more than enough. I think we also need to take care of
the upgrade process. Meta-ports should make it easy, but you don't know
until you try, and I haven't tried myself yet.

I'll let Eric or Dejan correct me if I said anything silly.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org