New /bin/sh based script to manage ports

Panagiotis Astithas past at ebs.gr
Tue Jan 31 02:49:38 PST 2006

Doug Barton wrote:

> Ok, I've made some changes that I think accomplish what you requested here,
> which is reasonable. http://dougbarton.us/portmaster.html.
>
> Thanks again for this feedback, please let me know if the new version solves
> the problem for you.

It does indeed, thank you! I think it's fairly functional right now for
my regular use.

One minor nit I've noticed is that it even tries to update installed
ports that have a higher version number than the one currently in the
ports tree (for instance, some updated ports I haven't submitted yet).
Although not too important for the casual user, it could be useful to
have some means to avoid downgrading these ports.

Thanks again,

Panagiotis