adding additional empty target in bsd.port.mk

Florent Thoumie flz at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 4 19:12:29 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 23:04 +0400, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Some of some ports install files into shared location, e.g.
> several ruby ports installs docs into subdirectory under
> ${RUBY_DOCDIR}, ocaml ports - into subdirectory of ${OCAML_DOCSDIR}.
> As this directories might not exists before installing, they should
> be removed after uninstall, so there should be something about "@dirrmtry
> share/doc/ruby18" in pkg-plist.
>
> The problem begins when we are trying to use PORTDOCS macro. In that
> case PORTDOCS entries will be added in plist in add-plist-docs target
> of bsd.port.mk, and therefore this "@dirrmtry share/doc/ruby18" should
> be added after add-plist-docs target either it will not be deleted.
> But there are no free targets after add-plist-docs... One of possible
> solutions is to redefine add-plist-post target, that currently assigned
> for non-standard PREFIX processing. But isn't very good, since we need
> to make a copy of original add-plist-target in our Makefile. Furthermore
> it can't be used in some cases, where target can be defined only after
> inclusion of bsd.port.pre.mk (such is my case of inclusion of bsd.ocaml.mk - I
> need to add some plist entries in bsd.ocaml.mk after all other entries, but
> this file should be included only after bsd.port.pre.mk, as I need some
> variables defined)
>
> Is it possible to add one more empty target after add-plist-docs to use
> by ports? I can investigate a patch, although it will be pretty simple.

Seems overkill to me. Why not creating those directories in ocaml and
ruby ports? That way you don't even have to deal with them in
ocaml-dependents and ruby-dependents ports.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org