FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Gregory Nou gregorynou at altern.org
Sat Sep 10 02:30:04 PDT 2005

>portname:           audio/xmms-imms
>                    XMMS
>maintainer:         green at FreeBSD.org
>status:             BROKEN
>deprecated because: Does not compile
>expiration date:    2005-09-22
>build errors:       none.
>overview:           http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=audio&portname=xmms-imms

hi,

I made this one working on my computer.
I experienced three problems :

        *  /usr/local/lib/libgthread12.so.3: undefined reference to
          `pthread_cond_timedwait'

        I've googled and have seen other threads concerning this issue,
        but the only solution I found don't seem to work for me.
        (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-bugs/2005-March/055289.html)

        This post
        (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2004-November/009439.html)
        points out nvidia-driver, which I currently have. Is it really
        related ?

        I finally made some weird hacks and it seems to work :
        I've backed libgthread12.so* and I replaced them with
        libqthread, set LDFLAGS="-L${LOCALBASE}/lib -L${PTHREAD_LIBS}"
        and used gtk-2.0 and glib-2.0 instead of gtk12 and glib12.
        Still, I think that libgthread-> libqthread is enough to make it
        work(libgthread12 -> libgthread-2.0 did not do the job).
        However, I don't really understand what I made : I assumed that
        libgthread12 was refering to gtk12or glib12, and as I don't
        usually use them, it was not risky. Am I right there ?

        * I also experienced linking problems :
          I changed manually work/imms-1.2a/vars.mk
          LDFLAGS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib `xmms-config --libs` -lc -lm -ltag
          to :
          LDFLAGS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib `xmms-config --libs` -lc -lm -ltag
          -lpcre -lsqlite3

        * libtag now installs libtag.so.5, but imms is looking for
          libtag.so.4 (would patching the LIB_DEPENDS line in the main
          Makefile do the trick ?)

By the way, this version is outdated, the new one is 2.2.1. But patching
the new version to make it compile is not as easy as I imagine first.

--
Gregory