Makefile: Trouble with EXTRA_PATCHES

Brian Kee brianakee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:28:18 PDT 2005

I am trying to modify a Makfile to add a specific patch that is contained
within a gzipped tarball. I can get the file downloaded, and unpacked and
defined within the Makefile. What I cannot do is get the patch to apply. The
make procedure keeps asking me what file to patch:
 ===> Patching for <package>
===> Applying extra patch
/usr/ports/catagory/package/work/path/to/patch/file.patch
File to patch:
 I know the full path to the file that needs to be patched, but how can I
tell make how to do this automatically.
 Thank You,
Brian A. Kee