Makefile: Trouble with EXTRA_PATCHES

Brian Kee brianakee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:05:10 PDT 2005

Well, I found a fairly simple solution the problem. If I manually modify the
patch file and add the correct relative path to the file listing in the top
couple of lines within the patch file.
 e.g.
 -- filetopatch.c
changed to
-- src/filetopatch.c
 the problem corrects itself.
 So, I now have two options.
1. I can contact the maintainer of this patch and have him make these
corrections.
2. Somehow figure out how to directly modify this file from within the
Makefile.
 Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished within the Makefile?
Maybe a post-extract or pre-patch command? I see some referenced command
within bsd.port.mk <http://bsd.port.mk>, but I do not see them defined
anywhere.