Portupgrade Error

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Mon Oct 3 11:02:29 PDT 2005

On Oct 1, 2005, at 7:15 PM, RW wrote:

> You might want to take a look at portmanager. It usually takes  a
> lot longer
> to run, but it's more thorough and forgiving than portupgrade. It
> generally
> requires less manual intervention, and fewer visits to mailing lists.

based on this glowing recommendation I tried it.  First failure was
that my bsdpan synthesized "packages" have no ORIGIN so it dumps
core.  End of story.  This utility is not usable for me.  portupgrade
is at least aware of bsdpan packages....

I will try it on my systems on which i don't have any customized perl
stuff, though.