portupgrade apache2 forgets modules, trashes other modules (svn)

Angelo Turetta aturetta at commit.it
Fri Nov 11 10:14:16 PST 2005

Chris Shenton wrote:

> I've built Apache2 from ports with PROXY and SSL modules, which are not
> in the default set.  When I do a portupgrade to apache2, it only
> builds the default set so I lose my PROXY and SSL capabilities.
>
> I've had to rebuild the port from the port directly, and specify the
> non-default modules.  Shouldn't the port remember which modules I've
> asked for and build those when I do a portupgrade?  If so, how do I do this?

portupgrade will run a plain 'make install' unless you tell him to do
otherwise. You can either:

A) portupgrade -m "YOUR make OPIONS"

or (preferrable)

B) edit /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf and add your custom make options in
the section MAKE_ARGS: portupgrade will automatically use these options
every time you rebuild a particular port. Beware: the port name must be
in the 'canonical' form, so use www/apache20 instead of apache-2.0.55

Hope this helps

Angelo Turetta