Eclipse

dR dystopianrebel at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 13:57:43 GMT 2005

Hello Willy, thank you for your reply.

>To my best knowledge, the Eclipse port for FreeBSD is
not using Linux compatibility but runs "natively",
without emulation.

That's helpful. The Eclipse documentation doesn't
mention supporting FreeBSD and the Eclipse build
utility does not take BSD as a parameter to identify
the OS. (It takes identifiers for Linux, other UNICES,
and Redmondows.) I saw that the port was broken and
wondered if other users knew of a quick fix.

I am somewhat new to FreeBSD but am making progress. I
am grateful to the helpful people of this mailing list
for their assistance.

On the OTHER hand...

Mr Nehren,

>> I abhor a system designed for the "user", if that
word is a coded pejorative meaning "stupid and
unsophisticated". -- Ken Thompson If you ask the wrong
questions, you get answers like "42" and "God". Unix
is user friendly. However, it isn't idiot friendly.

There are many types of stupidity, lack of
sophistication, and idiocy. And although a question
can be badly asked, it can be just as badly answered.

Marko