Error Report

Bryant Noice bryant at frost-gate.com
Fri May 20 16:21:03 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE install, and I'm trying to update the
ports collection, and am receiving this error (see below)  I did try
the "make fetchindex" and it seemed to work ...

Here's my make.conf

# more /etc/make.conf
# -- use.perl generated deltas -- #
# Created: Fri Dec  3 19:39:06 2004
# Setting to use base perl from ports:
PERL_VER=5.8.5
PERL_VERSION=5.8.5
PERL_ARCH=mach
NOPERL=yo
NO_PERL=yo
NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo

Here's my uname:

# uname -a
FreeBSD frostgate01.frost-gate.com 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
#0: Fri Nov  5 04:19:18 UTC 2004  root at harlow.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/
obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Parsing supfile "/root/cvs-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup.ca.freebsd.org
Connected to cvsup.ca.freebsd.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..hs-
hat-ghc6-2.04: "/usr/ports/lang/ghc6" non-existent -- dependency list
incomplete
===> devel/hs-hat failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
failed to generate INDEX!
portsdb: index generation error
Stale dependency: p5-XML-DOM-1.43 --> p5-libwww-5.79_1 -- manually
run 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.