Different PATCH_ARGS for PATCHFILES possible?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 13 14:54:56 PST 2005

Doug Barton wrote:
> I have not had to mess with PATCHFILES before, however I've now had to
> add extra patches twice in a month and run into the same problem. In
> both cases I had to add patches that were supplied by the vendor
> relative to a different directory than our patches are, and I've been
> unable to find a way to specify PATCH_ARGS differently for just those
> patches.
>
> The (cheesy) solution I've come to so far is to sed the directory
> patterns in the patch and then use EXTRA_PATCHES, but is there a better
> way?

Hrrm, I may have answered my own question. It seems that with a little
massaging PATCH_DIST_ARGS does what I want, but it's undocumented. If
someone can confirm that this mechanism won't go away any time soon, I could
send in a patch to bsd.port.mk that documents this behavior.

Doug