Courier-imap upgrade broke me going to 4.0

Clint Olsen clint at 0lsen.net
Sun Jan 16 17:05:09 PST 2005

On Jan 17, Koop Mast wrote:
> This problem got me too last week. I use userdb for my imap users. After
> the upgrade none of my users could login on the imap. I fixed it then by
> readding them. And I just found out that the userdb stuff doesn't live in
> /usr/local/etc anymore, but in /usr/local/etc/authlib.

This is part of the problem, but the documentation for getting CRAM-MD5
authentication working is just plain lacking.  I'm thinking I need to
rewrite this section and send it to the author.

CRAM will not work unless you pretty much import all the fields from the
password file for a given user, and the Courier docs don't mention this
anywhere.  Why does CRAM authentication care about a users home directory
location or shell for that matter?

I also noticed the port does not install pw2userdb from the distribution,
which is very handy for automating the password file into userdb.

-Clint