Courier-imap upgrade broke me going to 4.0

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Sun Jan 16 15:04:33 PST 2005

Op zo, 16-01-2005 te 19:35 +0100, schreef Oliver Lehmann:
> Clint Olsen wrote:
>
> > I just knew I shouldn't have screwed around with this, but I just had to
> > be up to date, and now I got burned.
> >

> please read /usr/ports/UPDATING. You should do this before you are going
> to update a port. That is why the file is there.

This problem got me too last week. I use userdb for my imap users. After
the upgrade none of my users could login on the imap. I fixed it then by
readding them. And I just found out that the userdb stuff doesn't live
in /usr/local/etc anymore, but in /usr/local/etc/authlib.

Oliver can you add this to the entry in UPDATING? This ate up about half
my day because there wasn't any debug messages in the log files. Which
kind of sucks.

Thanks,

Koop