/multimedia/linux-realplayer outdated

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sun Sep 5 08:15:07 PDT 2004

Jens Richter writes:

>  it seems that the guys removed rp8 for Linux completely. Only
>  RealPlayer10Gold for Linux is available. Is it possible to update
>  the port in the near future?

	1) From a recent post:

>  Found the files yesterday on:
>  http://forms.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

	I haven't actually confirmed this, so you're on your own.

	2) Work is progressing (slowly) on porting Helix Player, the
open source offering from Real.  It will apparently compile on 4.10
and possibly 5.x (both with patches which may or may not have been
committed),  Building on -CURRENT is broken due to problems with the
various configuration files.
	If this affects you and you have time or programming skills to
contribute, speak up.

	3) The ports tree is frozen for all but critical changes until
17 September, in preparation for the release of 5.3.

				Robert Huff