RealPlayer

Clive Lin clive at tongi.org
Fri Oct 29 06:16:05 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 07:29:27AM -0400, Adam Stroud wrote:
> I am looking for a way to play .ram files on FreeBSD.  Naturally, I
> tried to install the linux-realplayer port.  The port is asking me to
> download rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm and put it in
> /usr/ports/distfiles.  However, I cannot find
> rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm on the Real Player site.  Does anyone
> know of a way to play .ram files on FBSD either using Real Player or
> some other piece of software?

cvsup and make sure you have Makefile rev 1.32.

Surfing around its Real Legacy Software Archive, and you'll see
"Seattle, WA" with link pointed to
"http://software-dl.real.com/....../rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs1_rpm"

Right click, copy the link. Paste it to your browser where URL should
be, and change the cs1_rpm to cs2_rpm. Now press enter, you got it. ;)

I have to admit, it's really hard to describe this tersely in
Makefile. Any suggestion? Any one wants to bother real.com?

Cheers,
--
Clive Tong-I Lin | http://tongi.org | PGP KeyID: A008C03E