Building package as simple user

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Fri Oct 29 04:51:04 PDT 2004

Hi list,

I have a shell on a really fast -CURRENT box, and I wish to build fat
packages for my quite old laptop (which is -CURRENT too) on it.
Of course, I use precompiled packages whenever it's possible, but I
sometimes use some non-default make args.

I tried the following command line to build firefox :

    X11BASE=$HOME/x11 \
    LOCALBASE=$HOME/local \
    DISTDIR=$HOME/distfiles \
    PACKAGES=$HOME/pkg \
    WRKDIRPREFIX=$HOME/work \
    make -DWITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS build package

Firefox depends on perl, here is what happens :

            Making Errno (nonxs)
    Writing Makefile for Errno
    ../../miniperl "-I../../lib" "-I../../lib" "-I../../lib" "-I../../lib" Errno_pm.PL Errno.pm
    cp Errno.pm ../../lib/Errno.pm
    *** Error code 1 (ignored)

            Everything is up to date. Type 'make test' to run test suite.
    ===>  Installing for perl-5.8.5
    ===>   Generating temporary packing list
    ===>  Checking if lang/perl5.8 already installed
    ===>   perl-5.8.5 is already installed

As you can see there is an unidentified error when building Errno.pm.
Furthermore, it seems that the installation step looks in /var/db/pkg/
for installed packages and consequently refuses to install perl.

Did I miss something in the ports/Mk/ magic, is there any workaround,
or is it simply impossible to build package as user ?

Thanks.
Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen