FreeBSD Port: eGroupWare-1.0.00.005

Jonah Meissner jmeissner at portable03.com
Sun Oct 24 20:23:15 PDT 2004

Hi Port Maintainer,

I am trying to install e-groupware, the port builds fine without error, I
have all the installations test passing during the initial phase of the
websetup. The header file also configs correctly. But the problem begins
when I try to create the database and install the apps. When I select
Install Apps the link knocks be back to the setup login inscreen. If I use a
db account other that root it will not even detect the database. Please help
me..

I'm running MySQL Server 4.1.5, Apache 1.3 and php4 version 4.3.8_2. Please
let me know if there is any other information I can provide. I believe the
error has something to do with egroupware because I'm able to communicate
fine with MyPHPAdmin with MYSQL and I have an application called Navicat
running on my WindowsXP PC that connects fine to the DB..

Jonah Meissner
Email   jmeissner at cingular-la.com
Mobile  (310) 384-6143
Office  (310) 337-9495
PIN      200EC118

                  **
                ****
   ****     ****    ****
   *****     **    *****
     ****            ****
         **           **
          ********
            ******
            ******
          ********

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify us at the number above or by email:
jmeissner at cingular-la.com , and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.  Thank you for your assistance in this matter.