Plan to update linux-openmotif and might break your Linux port.

NAKATA Maho chat95 at mac.com
Sat Oct 23 22:29:13 PDT 2004

In Message-ID: <opsgadtkhu9aq2h7 at mezz.mezzweb.com>
Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

Dear mezz,

> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/linux-openmotif.diff

Hmm, you install libXm.so.3 instead of libXm.so.2. this breaks this port :(
% /usr/local/mupad/share/bin/xmupad
% /usr/local/mupad/freebsd/bin/mxmupad: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or director

> You guys might need to update your port or whatever. If I don't hear from
> you guys for a week or two, then I shall mark both ports as broke. It
> won't make any difference, because if I don't update linux-openmotif then
> it will be remove and those ports will be broke anyway. However, please

Fortunately, we can save mupad port, since there is also a CUI
available, and still contains libXm as well (not a good choice though).

-- NAKATA, Maho