heanet.dl.sf.net slowness

Stefan Walter sw at gegenunendlich.de
Thu May 20 16:12:19 PDT 2004

Christopher Nehren in gmane.os.freebsd.devel.ports:

> Think we can change the first MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE site to
> something that yields > 10 kB/s? I really don't like having to redefine
> it in my /etc/make.conf. Thanks in advance.

You are aware of the fact that one purpose of mirrors is to distribute
load, e.g. geographically/topologically? Over here, download speed from
heanet was limited by my DSL line (~90KB/s).

There will always be a mirror that is slow for someone. That's why those
variables are adjustable.

Stefan
--
No reading beyond this point