mod_musicindex v. 0.9.0_3

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Mar 31 15:42:21 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 02:46:18PM -0600, Billy Cummings wrote:

> Since I cannot find solid documentation on how this is suppose to work,
> I am offering my documentation services to you.  Please point me in some
> direction so that I can begin work on this.

Did you see the Porter's Handbook on the website?

> My first question: why is mod_musicindex installing itself into:
>
> install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444
> /usr/ports/www/mod_musicindex/work/libapache-mod-musicindex-0.9.0/musicindex/directory.png
> /usr/local/share/doc/mod_musicindex
> install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444
> /usr/ports/www/mod_musicindex/work/libapache-mod-musicindex-0.9.0/musicindex/musicindex.css
> /usr/local/share/doc/mod_musicindex
> install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444
> /usr/ports/www/mod_musicindex/work/libapache-mod-musicindex-0.9.0/musicindex/fetch.png
> /usr/local/share/doc/mod_musicindex
> install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444
> /usr/ports/www/mod_musicindex/work/libapache-mod-musicindex-0.9.0/musicindex/right_arrow.gif
> /usr/local/share/doc/mod_musicindex
> install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444
> /usr/ports/www/mod_musicindex/work/libapache-mod-musicindex-0.9.0/musicindex/general.png
> /usr/local/share/doc/mod_musicindex
> install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444
> /usr/ports/www/mod_musicindex/work/libapache-mod-musicindex-0.9.0/musicindex/sound.png
> /usr/local/share/doc/mod_musicindex
>
> versus: $DOCROOT/musicindex

I don't understand what you mean by $DOCROOT.  If you're asking why
the port installs documentation into a directory in
/usr/local/share/doc, that's because it's the standardized location
for ports to install documentation on FreeBSD.  See the hier(7)
manpage for more detail; it is very important that ports conform to
hier(7) wherever possible, to present a consistent appearance to end
users and administrators.

Kris