FreeBSD Port: kdevelop-3.0.0

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 02:04:42 PST 2004

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 11:31, Frank wrote:

> *** Creating aclocal.m4
> **** Creating configure
> *aclocal.m4:10967: error: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is required
> *aclocal.m4:10967: the top level
> *gmake[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> *gmake: *** [all] Error 2
> **** Exited with status: 2 ***
>

> But i have installed autoconf 2.57 so that can't be the problem!
>
> Did you have any idea what this could be?

The port doesn't know about the name-mangling used for the auto* tools
on FreeBSD. I'll try to work up a patch for it as soon as time permits.
Don't hold your breath waiting though.

> There is a new KDevelop version out! When will it be ready to
> checkout (cvs) KDevelop 3.0.0 is really unstable...

There will be a new release made into ports fairly soon after the new
version is officially released. We won't make a port of an unreleased
version.

The 3.0.1 release on the kdevelop website was basically unbuildable, so
the next release will be 3.0.2, due soon.

Andy
(one of kde@)
Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap at lspace.org