FreeBSD Port: kdevelop-3.0.0

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Mar 3 02:11:13 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:31:16AM +0100, Frank wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried so many places to get an answer with no result so i try to get one
> here!
>
> I have installed KDevelop 3.0.0 using cvsup. (self compiled)
> Now i have the problem that i cant compile any projects i have created for
> this reason:
>
> *** Creating aclocal.m4
> **** Creating configure
> *aclocal.m4:10967: error: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is required
> *aclocal.m4:10967: the top level
> *gmake[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> *gmake: *** [all] Error 2
> **** Exited with status: 2 ***
>

> But i have installed autoconf 2.57 so that can't be the problem!

On FreeBSD the autoconf ports are installed into nonstandard
locations, because the autoconf developers assume that you'll only
ever want to have one version installed at a time.  That's an
incorrect assumption since they have broken backwards compatibility,
so a lot of older software can't be built with the latest version.

You'll have to jump through some hoops to point your software to the
autoconf files - take a look at what bsd.port.mk does to build ports
with a specified version.

Kris