boinc port?

Shaun Branden shaun at pcuse.com
Fri Jun 25 05:36:41 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 07:21:03PM -0600, Robin Schoonover wrote:
> Given the recent attention boinc and seti_boinc have gotten (getting an
> article on slashdot does that), it wouldn't surprise me if someone was
> already working on a port, which is why I'm querying the list.
> (haven't seen any messages yet about it)
>
> I worked on porting them, and I've gotten it both seti at home for boinc
> -and- boinc themselves to compile.  I have not yet tested to see how well
> they run.  I also have the ports partially created.

> If you are already working on it, let me know, so we can figure out who
> should continue on with the work.

A port sounds like a great idea. I have compiled boinc and seti_boinc
(include stdlib.h and assert.h into the .cpp files that spit and use
gmake). It is running on my computer, but it is hard to actually tell
how well as the work unit servers are currently empty. This is on
FreeBSD sagan.cai 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Wed Jun 16
23:54:14 CST 2004      shaun at sagan.cai:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
i386

looking forward to the port

shaun
--
Shaun Branden; email: shaun at pcuse.com; icq: 10469563
ITShare South Australia: sa.computerbank.org.au