ghostscript-afpl vs ghostscript-gnu

Paul Murphy pnmurphy at cogeco.ca
Sat Feb 14 19:54:34 PST 2004

 I am trying to install print/cups-pstoraster and came across this
difficulty:

RUN_DEPENDS=
${LOCALBASE}/share/ghostscript/${PORTVERSION}/lib/gs_init.ps:${PORTSDIR
}/print/ghostscript-gnu

 I already have print/ghostscript-afpl installed which CONFLICTS with
print/ghostscript-gnu. I worked around the problem with a soft-link in
/usr/local/share/ghostscript (ln -s 8.13 7.07).

 Can print/cups-pstoraster be made to test which version of ghostscript
is installed (if any), perhaps by replacing ${PORTVERSION} with '*'?