FreeBSD Port: tsocks-1.8.b5

Francesco Scigliano francesco.scigliano at fastwebnet.it
Sat Feb 14 16:29:08 PST 2004

Hi, I found that after installing tsocks on FreeBSD 5.2, tsocks doesn't work properly. A symbolic link to a library is necessary.
This is what I've done.

I download the tbz from the Latest from ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.2-release/Latest/tsocks.tbz
travelmate# pkg_add tsocks.tbz
###

Simple setup file was copied to ${PREFIX}/etc/tsocks.conf.sample
An example of a more complex setup file can be found in
${PREFIX}/share/examples/tsocks/
Some more details avaliable in ${PREFIX}/share/examples/tsocks/README

###
then I edited /usr/local/etc/tsocks.conf to my need and tried to use it:
travelmate# tsocks telnet google.it 80
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Cannot open "/usr/lib/libtsocks.so"

So this was necessary to make it work:

travelmate# ln -s /usr/local/lib/tsocks/libtsocks.so /usr/lib/libtsocks.so
travelmate# tsocks telnet google.it 80
Trying 216.239.59.104...
Connected to google.it.
Escape character is '^]'.