php4 via metaport

Peter C. Lai sirmoo at cowbert.net
Tue Dec 21 06:27:41 PST 2004

What is the correct way to build mod_php4 with extensions? The problem I am
running into is that I can go into ${PREFIX}/www/mod_php4, type 'make', and
build mod_php4, then go into ${PREFIX}/lang/php4-extensions, then 'make' but
php4-extensions will not compile any libraries. It appears I have to 'make
install' for php4-extensions to be built, but this is bad, since I want to
only build the extensions via the metaport (because I want to use
/var/db/ports/php4-extensions to direct the option flags) but not install
them (say for a dedicated build and dev machine).

--
Peter C. Lai
University of Connecticut