FreeBSD Port: firefox-1.0_5,1

Matteo Giannone rebonzo at libero.it
Tue Dec 21 02:42:42 PST 2004

You have to upgrade your ports tree making sure that ports-accessibility is in
your cvsup configuration file (if you have commented out ports-all).
Then upgrade the port atk.

Matteo Giannone

>Greetings,
>
>I'm trying to install the Firefox 1.0_5,1 port and it's stopping with a
>dependency error on atk:
>
>===>   firefox-1.0_5,1 depends on shared library: atk-1.0.600 - not found
>===>   Verifying install for atk-1.0.600 in /usr/ports/accessibility/atk
>===>   Returning to build of firefox-1.0_5,1
>Error: shared library "atk-1.0.600" does not exist
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
>

>This seems strange since the port requirements show atk-1.8.0 as the required
version, which I do have installed.  I'm running a 5.3 box installed from Walnut
Creek CD-ROM, I ran CVSup on my ports tree, and portupgrade prior to trying to
install the Firefox port.  I also updated any installed ports with: portupgrade -a.