'dynamic' options questions

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Tue Dec 7 14:23:30 PST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 07:53:01PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> So, I guess what I'm asking is:
>
> - what's the 'correct' way of doing auto-dependencies
> - is the form in which there is no way of forcing such a dependency a bug
>   (ie can I send-pr this example and any others I come across)

As I hope to put together a jail-based package builder myself, what
I was considering, and might as well ask you about:

Could you not, for your jails, maintain a pkgtools.conf(5) file?

Just copy it in when you provision your jail, then use 'portupgrade
-P' to let your jail fetch needed packages to satisfy dependancies,
as to build the targeted package?

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842