PR 69273: mysql server changes, rc-ng & FreeBSD 4.x ? ->

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 06:31:31 PDT 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 09:57:12 +0200, Andreas Klemm
<andreas at klemm.apsfilter.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed, that I didn't get a response from maintainer (ale).
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/69273
>
> 2 things Oliver (eik@) mentioned:
> - one script is not prefix clean, o.k. needs to be fixed
> - problems with rc-ng style start/stop scripts with FreeBSD 4.x
>
> I noticed quite a few ports now using these rc-ng style scripts.
> Does that mean they all don't run well on 4.x anymore ?
>
> I'm not sure, but do I remember right that people worked on
> compatibility scripts for 4.x (maybe a port), that installs
> the framework for the rc-ng scripts for 4.x ?

The rc-ng style scripts will work on 4.x, but the port needs to set
USE_RC_SUBR in the Makefile.  This will then pull in a dependancy on
the rc_subr port for FreeBSD 4.x and below.

Then the port needs to substitue ${RC_SUBR} for %%RC_SUBR%%  in the
startup script.