PR 69273: mysql server changes, rc-ng & FreeBSD 4.x ? ->

Andreas Klemm andreas at klemm.apsfilter.org
Sun Aug 22 01:00:09 PDT 2004

Hi,

I just noticed, that I didn't get a response from maintainer (ale).

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/69273

2 things Oliver (eik@) mentioned:
- one script is not prefix clean, o.k. needs to be fixed
- problems with rc-ng style start/stop scripts with FreeBSD 4.x

I noticed quite a few ports now using these rc-ng style scripts.
Does that mean they all don't run well on 4.x anymore ?

I'm not sure, but do I remember right that people worked on
compatibility scripts for 4.x (maybe a port), that installs
the framework for the rc-ng scripts for 4.x ?

	Andreas ///

--
http://www.64bits.de
http://www.apsfilter.org