imake not found error during installation of jdk 1.3

Enoch Chan enoch at cmu.edu
Fri Sep 26 11:21:57 PDT 2003

Dear all,

I am trying to install jdk13 (from usr/ports/java/jdk13) on FreeBSD
4.8-RELEASE.  The port collection came from cvsup2.freebsd.org when I
installed and upgraded the port collection using cvsup. The installation
process stopped with a long list of error similar to the one listed below:

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries/work/xc/lib.
make: don't know how to make Makefiles. Stop
making Makefiles in lib/XRes...
imake: not found
*** Error code 127

When I tried to look for imake (using "which imake"), nothing returns.
Then, I installed imake (under /usr/ports/devel/imake) manually.  When I
looked under /var/db/pkg, I found two versions of imake (namely imake-1.0
and imake-4.3.0_1).  Still "which imake" returns nothing.  As you can tell
by now, I am a newbie.  Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Enoch.