openssh-portable 3.6.1p2_5 crash

Allan Saddi allan at saddi.com
Fri Sep 26 11:20:36 PDT 2003

Hi there,

I just upgraded from 3.6.1p2_4 to 3.6.1p2_5 on RELENG_4_8 and
sshd now segfaults whenever I try to login:

Sep 26 09:59:05 kalahari sshd: pam_set_item: NULL pam handle  passed
Sep 26 09:59:05 kalahari /kernel: pid 1789 (sshd), uid 0: exited on signal 11

After a bit of investigating, it seems that the renaming of
start_pam() to old_start_pam() in auth-pam.c seems to be the
cause. Since auth-pam.c's start_pam() is no longer being called,
__pamh is NULL when auth_pam_password() is called.

I'm not too familiar with OpenSSH or PAM, so I can't suggest a
fix yet. Hopefully someone who is more familiar knows what's up?

Thanks.

--
Allan Saddi                 "The Earth is the cradle of mankind,
allan at saddi.com              but we cannot live in the cradle