start/stop script woes: ./squid.sh: Cannot determine the PREFIX

Andreas Klemm andreas at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 2 09:50:17 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 11:58:48AM -0400, stan wrote:
> I actually prefer installing the start-stop script without the execute bit.
> When you boot the mchine, you get reminded what you have installed, but not
> enabled.

So you install something so that it doesn't get enabled ? :->

Well, I think we should keep one scheme, not two.
Currently there exist two methods to prevent startup of
applications after reboot:
	a) no execute bit
	b) installed as xxx.sh.something

Two are too much. I think the execute bit should be set and
scripts should be installed as xxx.sh.sample.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/