No interest in CAD ports? (varkon)

Pedro F. Giffuni giffunip at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 13:07:51 PDT 2003

Well that's a step forward :). The port was motivated after I
visited PTC's UK offices and noticed they are offering a linux
port of Pro/Engineer. They don't have many costumers for that
specific port, but nevertheless the fact they released it shows
there IS interest.

The only problem I had with the VARKON port (for what it's
worth) is that you need time to learn it (added to the fact that
I was to lazy to figure out how to fetch the rest of the
documentation in the port).. but that's also a problem with
AutoCAD or Pro/Engineer or any other "real" package.

Well...I guess I was just curious..thanks for the feedback :).

   Pedro.