ANNOUNCE: FreeBSD Port Tools 0.20

Jens Rehsack rehsack at liwing.de
Thu Aug 7 01:04:35 PDT 2003

On 31.07.2003 23:36, Sergei Kolobov wrote:

> On 2003-07-27 at 16:57 +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>> great idea to make such tools public. As long I don't work
>> everytime with cvs but with cvsup, too, I used attached script
>> with a patched send-pr. It seems not so good as yours but it
>> doesn't require "a working copy of the port checked out of CVS".
>> I rank that very high, maybe there is a way to combine both
>> ways.
>
> Thanks for suggestion - I have added a -d <diffmode> option
> in FreeBSD Port Tools 0.25:
>
> -d CVS - diff against CVS (default)
> -d <dir> - diff against Ports tree in <dir> (e.g. /usr/ports)
> -d <pattern> - diff against a port in `pwd`<pattern> (e.g. ".orig")
>
> I hope you can find it useful.
>
> Sergei

Hi Sergei,

I tested it again and found it much more useful than last one,
but :-)
- if I'm using cvsup, I must store my patches in a way, that
   I can re-apply them after a cvsup, because not each committer
   applies the sent patches in time :-)

So I will use my difflist and my submit-pr, because I need
either a switch for storing the patch created by pr-change
somewhere or an option to use a somewhere stored patch,
better both.

Can I specify -d more than once, eg.
   pr-change -d Mk/bsd.port.mk -d "*.orig"?

Jens