BROKEN ports scheduled for removal

Fri Apr 25 03:31:37 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:53:35 -0400 (EDT)
Trevor Johnson <trevor at jpj.net> wrote:

> > > audio/csound
> >
> > I have a patch which updates it to 4.23 (this is the first time I look
> > at csound and after the update I was able to successfully generate a
> > soundfile), if trevor doesn't speak up I will commit it next week (or
> > earlier if kris approves it).
>
> I can't review your patch because I don't appear to have received it.
> Please send it again.  As for the port itself, this is the third occasion

I hadn't included it.
http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/port-patches/audio:csound.diff

Some patches are deleted (included into the distribution), some are new.

> on which it has been broken because the distfile was removed from the FTP
> sites.  I sent the author an e-mail about this, but never saw a response.
> You aren't volunteering to maintain the port, are you?

No. I just know what csound is and I'm interested to have it not
removed.

> > > devel/SN
> >
> > Supposed fix for 4.5.2:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/36341
> >
> > Update to 5.0 (SN, not FreeBSD):
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/36622
> >
> > trevor wanted to look at it (a year ago) when dburr (maintainer) doesn't
> > respond, as both seem to be MIA I try to look at it next week.
>
> I sent Donald Burr a few e-mails back then and he did respond in private.
> It doesn't look like his commit bit is working just now, but mine worked
> on Tuesday of last week.
>
> I still haven't gotten my computer set up after moving; the weekend before
> last I got myself an old truck that seems to be running on three
> cylinders; and last week was tax time here in the U.S.A. (hey, somebody
> has to pay for all those invasions).  It will still be a little while
> before I meet the production quota--hopefully by the beginning of the next
> five-year plan.  =)

What does this mean? Should I have a look at it or will someone else
look at it?

Bye,
Alexander.

--