BROKEN ports scheduled for removal

Trevor Johnson trevor at jpj.net
Thu Apr 24 20:53:40 PDT 2003

Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:23:50 -0800
> Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
>
> > audio/csound
>
> I have a patch which updates it to 4.23 (this is the first time I look
> at csound and after the update I was able to successfully generate a
> soundfile), if trevor doesn't speak up I will commit it next week (or
> earlier if kris approves it).

I can't review your patch because I don't appear to have received it.
Please send it again.  As for the port itself, this is the third occasion
on which it has been broken because the distfile was removed from the FTP
sites.  I sent the author an e-mail about this, but never saw a response.
You aren't volunteering to maintain the port, are you?

> > devel/SN
>
> Supposed fix for 4.5.2:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/36341
>
> Update to 5.0 (SN, not FreeBSD):
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/36622
>
> trevor wanted to look at it (a year ago) when dburr (maintainer) doesn't
> respond, as both seem to be MIA I try to look at it next week.

I sent Donald Burr a few e-mails back then and he did respond in private.
It doesn't look like his commit bit is working just now, but mine worked
on Tuesday of last week.

I still haven't gotten my computer set up after moving; the weekend before
last I got myself an old truck that seems to be running on three
cylinders; and last week was tax time here in the U.S.A. (hey, somebody
has to pay for all those invasions).  It will still be a little while
before I meet the production quota--hopefully by the beginning of the next
five-year plan.  =)
--
Trevor Johnson