Recent bsd.port.mk changes

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue Apr 22 18:32:33 PDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:19:09AM +0400, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >features enabled ("foo-1.2.3" vs "foo-esound-1.2.3" etc.)  This is why
> >I suggested that comparing the installation prefix and pkg-plist for
> >overlap with ports that have the same origin may be the only way to do
> >this reliably.
>
> I don't know how to compare pkg-plist files? How to make decision a port
>  is older version and not variant of current one? It must be some
> evristic method. Some files can be moved in other place, some files can
> be new, some files can be moved away in new version.
> In port's variant case path can be changed or file name can be changed
> (libsome.so and libsome_r.so).

You can extract the prefix from the installed package by grepping for
@cwd in +CONTENTS.  Similarly you can extract the list of installed
files by doing grep -v ^@ +CONTENTS.  For each package that has our
origin (or a previous origin as looked up in the MOVED file), do the
following: if the installed prefix == $PREFIX and one or more of the
installed files matches a file in pkg-plist (checked using
e.g. comm(1)), then we are going to conflict and we should not
install.  I can't immediately think of how to implement the installed
plist extraction without using a temporary file, but it should be
possible with some thought.

Kris