Recent bsd.port.mk changes

Sergey Matveychuk sem at ciam.ru
Tue Apr 22 18:19:11 PDT 2003

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> features enabled ("foo-1.2.3" vs "foo-esound-1.2.3" etc.)  This is why
> I suggested that comparing the installation prefix and pkg-plist for
> overlap with ports that have the same origin may be the only way to do
> this reliably.

I don't know how to compare pkg-plist files? How to make decision a port
  is older version and not variant of current one? It must be some
evristic method. Some files can be moved in other place, some files can
be new, some files can be moved away in new version.
In port's variant case path can be changed or file name can be changed
(libsome.so and libsome_r.so).

In other words, I can't image how it's possible.

> To further complicate matters, ports that are moved from one location
> to another (listed in MOVED, which can be machine-parsed) are also the
> same package, even though they have different origins.

It's more easy to image :)

--
Sem.