pear-* packages

Thierry Thomas thierry at pompo.net
Wed Apr 9 06:26:00 PDT 2003

Selon Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser at bellavista.cz>:

>     hmmm, one question, though: is installing package.xml actually
>     necessary? AFAICT it's only needed during the install. isn't
> there
>     another way to get that file into the package with make package?

It seems to be the simplest way: the file package.xml must have been
installed somewhere to be found by pkg-install. Perhaps pkg-install
could remove this file after registration, and it could be managed with
a dynamic pkg-plist? (I have not tried).

>     also, if they do need to be on the plist to be picked up, is
>     ${PREFIX}/.PEAR.pkg the best place? wouldn't ${PEARDIR}/.pkg or
>     ${PREFIX}/var/PEAR or something like that be better?

Perhaps... Everything is defined by ${PKGREGDIR}, it's easy to change.
Note that pkg-install does not know anything about PEARDIR, it only
knows PREFIX and PKGNAME.
--
Th. Thomas