pear-* packages

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at bellavista.cz
Wed Apr 9 01:45:51 PDT 2003

# thierry at pompo.net / 2003-04-08 23:33:49 +0200:
> Le Dim  6 avr 03 ? 18:47:17 +0200, Thierry Thomas <thierry at pompo.net>
>  écrivait :
> > Actually, the existing PEAR packages register themselves! For example,
> > check sysutils/pear-Log, target post-install:
>
> Hmm... This is an error: it works fine with a 'make install', but
> post-install is not executed by pkg_add => should be fixed by
> PR ports/50737 (<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=50737>)
> with a pkg-install.

    right, this is what I was trying to say.

    hmmm, one question, though: is installing package.xml actually
    necessary? AFAICT it's only needed during the install. isn't there
    another way to get that file into the package with make package?

    also, if they do need to be on the plist to be picked up, is
    ${PREFIX}/.PEAR.pkg the best place? wouldn't ${PEARDIR}/.pkg or
    ${PREFIX}/var/PEAR or something like that be better?