System lockup during Poudriere build

James Koenig jkoenig at norse-corp.com
Tue Feb 17 21:13:14 UTC 2015

Dear FreeBSD-PKG email list,

    Have any of you had a successful poudriere build of the entire ports
tree using ZFS as a primary RAID manager, including swap?  If so, what
kind of hardware or configurations did you use, in terms of RAM, number of
CPUS, etc?  When we've tried to run a poudriere bulk build on our entire
ports tree, we've experienced the build server totally locking up over
file locks. These lockups happen consistently during the build (poudriere
bulk -a) process, whenever ZFS's swap is enabled, and no longer occur when
ZFS's swap is disabled.

a crash filesystem's core.txt from the described lockup is attached as
zfs_lockup.core.txt.gz

Regards,
James Koenig