How to set per-port options using poudriere?

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 16 00:44:12 UTC 2014

On Apr 15, 2014, at 17:47, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> How can I take the list of per-port options in that file
>> and translate that to per-port options which can be used
>> as input to poudriere?
>>

> OK, I think I figured it out by reading:
>
> https://fossil.etoilebsd.net/poudriere/doc/trunk/doc/poudriere.8.wiki#x435553544f4d49534154494f4e
>
> and creaeted  etc/poudriere.d/options/<portname>/options
> files for each port with options.
>
> I committed my fix here:
>
> https://github.com/freenas/freenas/commit/fda8bc354c55b6f1a37bbe4208c9e22b1c8e6510

I personally do not recommend doing it this way: etc/poudriere.d/options/portname/options

The main reason is that it is both difficult to track what options you intended to change, and the fact that those options will never get updated. If a port maintainer adds a new option and turns it on by default or perhaps disables an option by default, your options file will not be updated to reflect this. It will make it painful to troubleshoot your ports/packages.

I prefer to enter the changes in etc/poudriere.d/make.conf (or one of the other make.conf's available here for your build flavor, etc)

The format in make.conf is as follows:

lang_php5_SET= DTRACE
lang_php5_UNSET = FPM

This will make it much easier to track over time exactly which port options you intend to change.