Read-only nullfs mounts should become read-write?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 15 12:20:04 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at freebsd.org> wrote:

> When doing a build, I encountered errors like this during every ports build:
>
> ===> Fetching all distfiles required by rcs-5.8.2 for building
> ===>  Extracting for rcs-5.8.2
> => SHA256 Checksum OK for rcs-5.8.2.tar.gz.
> mkdir: /usr/ports/devel/rcs/work: Read-only file system
> *** [do-extract] Error code 1

OK, I figured out what the problem was.
Since I am creating the ports building jail outside of poudriere,
I did not do all the steps necessary to prepare a jail for poudriere
to build ports with it.  I "borrowed" some logic from poudriere's jail.sh script
and put it in my own script:

https://github.com/freenas/freenas/commit/708c9c70d9e67feb8c908dc902b65f18d1295016

and that fixed the problem.

Specifically:

(1)  jail must have a /wrkdirs directory
(2)  WRKDIRPREFIX=/wrkdirs
      must be set inside the /etc/make.conf of the jail
--
Craig