Pf in 4.11

Greg Hennessy Greg.Hennessy at nviz.net
Thu May 12 13:11:51 PDT 2005

> As for the queuing method, i've read that cbq is a more
> refined/reliable than hfsc right now.

Cant say I've had reliability problems with HFSC.

It does require the sacrifice of several barnyard fowl to configure
correctly, but I digress.

> Anyway, why would ACK
> prioritization be necessary on the pf/altq setup vs the
> ipfw/dummynet setup?

Never having had the pleasure of using dummynet/ipfw I couldn't possibly
comment.

But I would always recommend configuring some form of ACKPRI on a congested
link.
Backoff will kill tcp traffic otherwise.

Greg