Please test: MPSAFE callouts

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Mon Feb 21 09:52:05 PST 2005

All,

Pyun reminded me that we are still useing Giant to protect our callouts. We
don't have to since we protect our code in there with our own mutex and the
netstack is Giant-free as well now (provided that mpsafenet is enabled).

If you have testing capabilities, please take the attached diffs for a ride
(on SMP hardware) with debug.mpsafenet=1 and MPSAFE NICs.  It'd be great if
we could enable it for 5.4R, but we need proper testing to do so!

NOTE: If you use user/group rules you still need to set debug.mpsafenet=0, but
testing of this scenario is welcome as well.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org