[pf4freebsd] ALTQ not enabled at boot

Mario Doria mariodoria at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 21:06:24 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my pf/altq setup. When booting, it reads its rules
from /etc/pf.conf (as configured in /etc/rc.conf). This machine is working as
a NAT/firewall for my home LAN.

After two hours, pfctl -s queue -v shows that no packets have passed from any
of the queues. But, if at any moment I log in via ssh and do ( sleep 5 &&
pfctl -d && pfctl -Fa && pfctl -ef /etc/pf.conf)&, it works and pfctl -s
queue -v reports traffic in the queues.

I know that the queues do work, I've been testing them for quite a bit.

Mario