[pf4freebsd] Success with xl and rl

Mario Doria mariodoria at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 21:06:19 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've tested both xl and rl drivers, in both cases using the altq.pf.test.
I measured a smb transfer between two hosts, smb host has altq installed. They
are on a 100Mb segment. With fullspeed, I got around 530Kb/s speed transfer,
with limited (to 1%) I only got a 5Kb/s speed in the transfer. After doing
the test with the 3com card, I switched cards and ran the same test with the
realtek card, the results were similar.

As as NAT, it seems OK, I am still testing the machine but from just enabling
altq with a simple ruleset, it seems to be doing allright. I doing some more
tests and I'll report later on.

Mario