[pf4freebsd] IPv6-free pf

Michael O. Boev mike at tric.tomsk.gov.ru
Wed Sep 15 20:50:16 PDT 2004

Hello, everyone!

I wonder if anyone had tried to build an IPv4-only pf module. It just fails
to load into an IPv6-free kernel (and, yes, it's easy to achieve with
OpenBSD).
As far as I've looked through the code, the INET6 option looks kernel-style.

My question is: Is there a fairly easy way to compile pf without IPv6 (i.e.
without INET6 defined) or I just have to wait until pf is integrated in the
FreeBSD-source
and this option is handled by the kernel's config? I just want to be able to
install the port without extensive hacking. :)

Thanks,
Mike.